Sorry folks. I disappeared from blogging. This summer has been hectic. But Seminary starts in 2 weeks and I am so excited. I will definitely be blogging to keep everyone in the loop.
To recap the summer:
- Had an awesome mission trip with my youth group
- Supported one of my best friends- Rev. Benjamin David Hutchison as he was ousted from his position as a pastor for being openly gay.
- Visited family
- Went on a personal leave from my position at Lowes with the intent of leaving officially by next summer
- Have read a few books: New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander, Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates, and The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin. I’m trying to get educated on Racial Justice issues.
- Started a GoFundMe for my transition: http://www.gofundme.com/z5g3a5n
- Played a lot of Splatoon on the Wii U
- Prepped for Seminary and completed online work
- Really started to use twitter a lot (follow me- emkelley39 )
- Officially am now a Member in Discernment in the United Church of Christ. One step closer to ordination!
Hope all are well. Will be sharing more soon!